Job Title: Billing Specialist
General Job Description:
This position is charged with the responsibility to plan, organize and carry out the overall related financial and non-financial functions of the office as directed by the administrators. Primarily responsible for posting session and payment entries, billing and managing account payments.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way implies that the position description is all inclusive. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them if situations arise that fall under the cognizance of the position and require action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all billing, including all funding sources (i.e. Family, Merchant Services, Grants, home school agencies, Ohio Scholarship, etc.) utilizing billing software. Prepare, compile and send bills/receipts for services.
* Follow billing and supporting documentation guidelines of guarantor contracts.
* Prepare, compile, and mail HCFA forms to families which request insurance reimbursement forms. Communicate insurance disputes to therapists and families.
*Responsible for all documentation related to billing and billing system requirements.
*Update client information in all systems as received, prepare charts for new clients. Ensure financial agreement is completed and paperwork related to payment source is up to date.
* Responsible for accounts receivable, check for accuracy, make corrections, monitor and pursue delinquent accounts. Communicate needs with company administrators.
* Compile and balance weekly deposits. Compare deposits with data entry sheets for accuracy. Forward deposit sheet to company administrators.
* Assist clients/families and funding sources with questions they may have regarding billing or insurance issues. Refer special issues to company administrators.
* Maintain the confidentiality of clients, staff, and company records.
* Present an attitude and appearance that promotes harmony and professionalism in all situations and with all staff and client/family interaction.
* Attend staff meetings as directed.
* Maintain regular communication with the administrators.
* Help with ad-hoc projects when assigned.
Qualifications for the job:
* Must have at minimum a High School education, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must be able to work independently and be able to make decisions and recommendations.
* Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound billing and accounting techniques.
* Must have working knowledge of computers, data entry, output, etc. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
* Must have the ability to work well with clients/families, personnel and outside agencies.
* High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
We are also looking for an enthusiastic speech/language pathologist to be a long-term sub beginning in mid-February. The position would be 24 hours per week for 8-10 weeks. More details coming soon!
Please contact Erin Hofmann for additional information, email@example.com or 513-575-5431 ext. 3. Thank you!